2013 Special Priorities
Based on results of a recent regional survey of extension priorities, five issues are identified as high priority for this program. We will fund as many as five projects, with no more than one funded project addressing each priority. Extension projects with potential to quickly enhance implementation of IPM are preferred in this category, but research and developmental projects will also be considered.
2013 Special Priorities are:
- Herbicide resistant weed pests affecting important agronomic crops
- The insect pest Megacopta cribraria, known as the kudzu bug
- Stink bug pests in agronomic crops
- The insect pest Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD), Drosophila suzukii
- Residential IPM, including management of bed bugs, termites, fire ants and other pests as well as general IPM principles and techniques